Group work rooms
To use the Library’s resources and infrastructures to facilitate study and research tasks, making the most of its capacities as an information management unit and contributing to the adaptation of the University Community to the new framework of Higher Education.
From 8.30 a.m. to 8.30 p.m., except when the Library’s opening hours are reduced during special periods. Use of the rooms will be at intervals of one and a half hours.
Location and characteristics:
Elche Campus library:
- 5 group work rooms (newspaper library-second floor library). Equipped with work tables (6-17 reading places), blackboard (in two of them) and network points. Workroom 5 will be used in the morning by the teaching and research staff as a seminar room for courses or tutorials. Available in the afternoon as a work room.
Orihuela/EPSO Campus library:
- 1 group work room (ground floor, entrance from the library hall). Equipped with work tables (12 reading stations) and blackboard.
Altea Campus library:
- 1 group work room (ground floor, entrance from the library hall). Equipped with work table (8 reading places), blackboard with writing accessories, corkboard, cork with accessories for anchoring photographic material or paper, computer with internet access, DVD reader and Smart TV screen.
- Availability of computer equipment and devices to support work:
- Scanner equipment available in the ground floor of the library (A4 and A3 formats).
- Binding and laminating machine (materials must be provided by the user).
- Computer devices available for loan: USB’s, headphones and mice.
- 5 laptops available for loan.
Sant Joan d´Alacant Campus library:
- 1 group work room (first floor of the Health Sciences library). Equipped with work table (4 reading stations), corkboard and network point.
- 1 researchers’ room (first floor of the Health Sciences library). Equipped with work table (4 reading posts) and photocopier.
Rules of use:
- Its use is restricted to members of the university community. Such use must respond to collective study or research tasks, directly related to the academic activity of the UMH.
- To use the rooms it is necessary to make a reservation in person, by telephone or otherwise at the corresponding library counters, where you will be informed of the availability for that day/time.
- One reservation may be made per user per day, during the same day or one day in advance, except for teaching staff and doctoral students, for whom this period is extended.
- If, once a room has been reserved, it is decided not to use it, it is recommended to cancel the reservation, informing the library by telephone so that the room is free and can be reserved by other users.
- A period of 15 minutes is established to maintain the reservation rights of the rooms. If after this period the group does not use the room, the reservation rights will be forfeited.
- If the rooms are empty (either because they have not been reserved, because there has been a cancellation of the reservation or because the 15-minute courtesy period has elapsed), you may go to the library’s lending desk to make a reservation at that time.
- The work rooms are subject to the library’s rules of use, which can be consulted there.
IMPORTANT: If, before occupying a work room, users find any damage, they must inform the library staff, as the users themselves are responsible for the rooms.