Connect to the UMH Network
You have 3 ways to connect to the Internet to access the e-resources (books, journals and databases) that make up the collection of the Library of the Miguel Hernández University of Elche:
- From any computer connected to the Miguel Hernández University network (library, computer rooms, offices, etc.), using your UMH institutional credentials.
- Connecting to the University wifi network from any mobile device (laptop, tablet, phone, etc.). To do this you must have an email account of the Miguel Hernández University or those institutions or universities that participate in this network:
- If you are UMH staff (PAS or PDI), you must enter your full university email address in the user field () and the password linked to this email address.
- If you are a student, in the “Identity” or user field, write your DNI number without letters, followed by “@umh.es” (example: ) and the “Password” is your Pin.
- If you are from another institution member of the network (RedIRIS, Eduroam, etc.) you must enter in the user field the complete e-mail address of your institution () and the password linked to that e-mail address.
- Visitors: If you do not belong to an institution attached to eduroam, you can obtain a key (valid for 7 days):
- Option 1: We send you an sms with your password. In wifi settings, select the “iumhweb” network and open the browser. Accept the rules of use by ticking the checkbox and click “Get a password”.
- Option 2: Send an SMS with the text “iumh” to the number 669 385 000.
Your username will be your mobile number followed by “@umh.es”. Example:
Remember that in this case, you will only have access to free access resources, for which you do not need to be a member of the university community to consult them.
Three types of connections are available:
Secure connection: Iumhnet
Open connection: Iumhweb
Secure connection: Eduroam
You can find all the information about the configuration and access to the UMH wireless network in the following document.